Wednesday, April 22, 2009

IN PROGRESS

I HEAR
Thunder
From miles away
As low-pressure moves in,
Closes the distance
Between raindrops
And skin.
Water falling/
Grows deeper/
Runs faster/
Tastes cleaner/
Sweeter.

I SEE
Bright colors,
Flat bodies,
Flat faces,
Illusions lived

I FEEL
Warm in the winter,
Cool in summer,
Soft things,
Loud things

I WALK
Down silent streets,
On busy roads/
Sharing my journey
With the four-wheeled set.

I KNOW
Fear up close and personal,
Sorrow in my darkness,
Solitude in my freedom
Freedom in my solitudes.
Joy in the sound of children,
Peace from an infant in my arms,
Quiet in a morning not yet born,
estlessness/
Anger/
Anticipation/
By texture.
WATER
Half an inch/
Half a mile deep?

SOLITUDE
enforced/
Or sought
STEPS
Forward/
Retraced?
WATER
Falling/
Drinking/
Drowning/
Quenching.
WALLS
Enclosing,
Enfolding
BOUNDARIES
Drawn/
Defined/
Violated.
PROMISES
Made/
Broken
WOUNDS
Inflicted/
Healed.
DREAMS
Conceived/
Born/
protected//
Grown

No comments:

Post a Comment