Friday, February 18, 2011

MESMERIZED




MESMERIZED by

Fire growing

Smaller

But brighter

Until

Its glow--

still so bright--

Is the diamond I

Can wear on

My hand.

MESMERIZED BY

Water becoming

Ever deeper,

Ever more crystalline

As it rises, or I fall.

Either way

I’m afraid

Until

I recognize that

It as ice.

MESMERIZED by

Earth, firm

In its infirmity

Imposed upon,

Imprinted upon,

By bipedaltrespassers.

Thefirmament, divided,

Providing food and shelter,

Valleys, mountains

And miracles

MESMERIZED by

Air that flows

Over land or ocean

At varying speeds,

Flattenihng trees while

Steeling balloons,

Scouring beaches

While keeping planes aloft.

Fire and ice, earth and water make

Up the miracle I know.


COPYRIGHT (C) 2011 BY THE AUTHOR

No comments:

Post a Comment