Friday, June 17, 2011

PROCRASTINATION




Power of procrastination,

Postponing everything

Popcorn,

Questions,

Raspberries

For another day--

There will always be

Another day.

Won’t there?


To write/

To sleep/

Take a walk,

Take a hike,

Take a chance,

Take a minute,

Just five minutes,

This magic moment

Extended, expanding

At lightspeed.


Many paths,

So many dreams,

Roads not taken,

Rubicons not crossed,

Consent not sought

For entry.

Do I dare to

Trespass,

Touch treasure

Sought out?


Catch?

Release?

A second passes,

A heartbeat past doubting,

A feather’s weight more evidence

For one choice than another.

Procrastination perilously hangs

Before a dram more of desire

Tips the scale

Toward chasing the dream.





I leave my room,

My cocoon now too small

To hold me

And still hold my fear,

Too small to hold

Doubts and dreams

And still be shelter.

The clock has stopped.

Thirteen o’clock is the hour

For dreamers who work magic

While the world isn’t watching.



Copyright 2011 by the author

No comments:

Post a Comment