Monday, June 17, 2013

THE WRITER AS THIEF




In blindness there is sound.
In sound there is reverberation.
In reverberation I find direction.
The sound of cars stopping,
            Passing me by--
In the cacophony of voices,
Words and phrases disconnected
From all the traffic of tongues,
Stories surrounding me.
            Some are lies.
            Some are true.
It's not up to me to discern
Which is which?
I just capture them,
Preserving them for
A future page,
A line fragment.
Wherever a string of words
Tangles in my mind,
Snagging my elusive attention,
There will, someday soon,
Be a place for these transient
Residents to leap into
Someone else's life.
Beware the silent passerby:
She's observing you,
Taking notes--
She's stealing from you
And you don't even know it.

Copyright (c) 2013 by the author







No comments:

Post a Comment